Professional remote meetings and calls
As a result of the training, participants will:
deepen the awareness of areas that need to be secured when preparing a meeting or remote conversation - they will be able to eliminate potential risks;
develop the ability to plan and manage the remote meeting;
identify their strengths and possible development areas in conducting remote meetings.
- What can go “wrong”? – analysis of the reasons for unsuccessful remote meetings and calls – using the Ishikawa diagram method
- Identifying areas that we can influence as organizers
- Solutions that “secure” potential failures of a meeting
- What is the difference between a remote meeting and a live meeting?
- Tasks of the facilitator of the meeting (Architect, Pilot and Guide) – what to take care of and how?
- Maintaining the involvement of participants – an overview of methods / examples / good practices
- Practical exercises with recording, listening and discussion – feedback from the trainer and participants of the training.
- Generating a list of “Golden Rules” for organizers of remote meetings and calls.
- Summary, Q&A.
The price includes:
- design of the structure and content of the training
- delivery of the training by the trainer;
- learning materials (pdf)
- certificates of completion
- a report summarizing results of the evaluation and comments of the trainer
- conference room and coffee breaks during training sessions if the training program is organised in seat of Wszechnica UJ
- individual consultations over the phone with the trainer up to 2 weeks after the training (max. 30 min./participant).